Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More like Snatch.com

     I recently tried an online dating site where you get to choose who you would like to know further according to a profile picture and a brief self-description. If such criteria were enough, if my ability to discern was not obviously impaired, I would not need to pay for what I thought would be Help.
     If only there was a site where I could choose two (or more) elderly happily married couples to select likely partners for me. We could solve two huge cultural problems with one stroke. Our elderly could move back into the center of society utilizing their hard-won wisdom. We could possibly save the institution of marriage by partnering with complimentary mates from the start.
     Aside from my blind spot when it comes to men, it seems I am behind the curve in yet another way. This site may have begun as a place where hopeless romantics turned to find true love, but I’m getting the feeling it has since deteriorated into the classified ads we see at the back of free city papers, and the infamous CraigsLost. Someone actually initiated a conversation by introducing himself as a submissive. Many profiles read ’I’ll tell you later’ all the way down the line. ‘Well what do I have to go on Homey? Why would I contact you based on that cheesy ass picture?’ I am tempted to ask. But I refrain. I do not want to risk being seen as angry on my profile page, just in case Mr. My Guy should happen to glimpse my picture and like it.  
     Ah well, though it seems unlikely that a cuddly geek who is willing to teach me to cook is on Snatch.com, I’ll wait out my subscription with my fingers and legs crossed.
,Storyteller

No comments:

Post a Comment